Monday, May 16, 2005

let me count the ways

check out these hands! taking after his mama, in more ways than one -- check out that spaghetti splattered person!





after a late night and a little piece of sleep with many interruptions i awoke and remembered that there was no half and half in the house! pathetic spoiled brat that i am, i called my understanding, caffeinne-addicted mother to try and bum a bit off of her. but she had an extra, providential quart of the stuff that she promptly offered to pass along! and my terrific and sympathetic husband went swinging by in the creeper to pick it up, meeting jude and myself at the curb to pass it off to me, happily announcing that he was saved a trip -- for he was planning on stopping at hy-vee to buy some just for me and bring it home. because, as much as he knows i'd never ask him to go out of his way like that (glass of water in the middle of the night people that we sort of are, but really aren't, notwithstanding) just for the sake of pleasant tasting coffee to kick-start a rough morning, he's the sort of giving person who always has a surprise up his extra-long sleeves. hearts for him. and a coffee induced buzz that's getting things done this morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger prairie girl said...

A Severe Mercy? Now I haven't thought of that book in years. I believe it deserves another read...if I can get past the basic premise that is!

11:15 AM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where did you get that green highchair??????

hill

11:17 AM
Blogger Stacie said...

I just love that its on his foot too!

12:11 PM
Blogger greenemama said...

hillary -- it was ernie's chair when he was a messy baby. :)

stacie -- that's the best part....

12:46 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home