Thursday, January 20, 2005

she said the man in the gabardine suit was a spy

so the boys sleep at once and i choose to sit at my desk, drink coffee and sail the e-bay sea in search of something i probably don't need in the first place.

henry loves to take pictures with the digital camera. he puts the strap over his wrist as instructed and says, "sit here, jude" as though jude is capable of anything else. "sit here, mommy -- hold this." he is very serious about the whole affair and stands still and silent as he waits for the photos to upload and present themselves large in the slideshow.







So I bought me a ticket
I caught a plane to spain
Went to a party down a red dirt road
There were lots of pretty people there
Reading rolling stone, reading vogue
They said, how long can you hang around?
I said a week, maybe two,
Just until my skin turns brown
Then I’m going home to california
California I’m coming home
Oh will you take me as I am
Strung out on another man
California I’m coming home --joni mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home