Tuesday, July 19, 2005

mortal once more

so all of last week was spent anticipating the saturday release of harry potter and the half-blood prince. i was extremely excited to pick up my hefty copy (though not as hefty as the order of the phoenix . . .) of the thing. the weekend was spent devouring the delicious-smelling, perfect-paper-feeling book. were it not for the frequent interruptions (children!) the thing would have been read in less than a day. as it was it took me two days and, as with all of the others, i was a little sad that i just had to read the thing so fast, that i was finished too soon, and that it will be at least another two years until the next one is out. perhaps this week will bring a re-read of the series?

for the harry potter nay-sayers among us, here's an interesting interview with john granger about the possible christian allegorical elements throughout the harry potter series. i'm eager to read the book that granger wrote on the subject. (thanks, kristen!) perhaps with birthday moo-la-lah coming this weekend?

birthday! oh my gosh, i can't write about this, i just can't, not yet. age! slamming at me from all sides. celebrate life, yes. but even at the minute of the commencement of life we're just that much closer to the end of life. aargh!

these boys grow too fast! one moment they're babies with baby breath and scent and quickly they're here moving in a blurry swirl. give me a minute to suspend it all.


4 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

You are o so welcome :o)

I forgot to mention that one day, I was looking at your last post while NAK and Kate kept pointing at the picture of Henry and Jude in the stroller, so I pulled it up bigger for her and told her, "that's Henry and Jude." She spent several minutes pointing at the two of them, while I told her, "Yes, that's Jude and that's Henry." Henry's name came out completely unintelligable, but Jude was christened "Joo" (rhyming with "moo").

9:14 PM
Blogger greenemama said...

they're obviously destined for each other, then. woo hoo!

12:04 AM
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, I'm so envious. I haven't been able to get a copy of the book yet. I didn't want to spend the money on the hardcover so I have to wait for the library (it doesn't help that I haven't been to the library yet here).

9:37 AM
Blogger greenemama said...

i did that for awhile, rachel -- i actually waited for paperbacks to be released! it's so worth it -- walmart has them for under $16. :)

10:29 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home