Sunday, February 12, 2006

must have been a wonderful child

henry is building things across the room. he's serious about his work, stacking, pulling things off, knocking things down. i'm watching him work and he looks up sideways at me and winks.



he smiles his extra-delicious smile at me and gets back to work. i'm smitten and try to imagine him giving love with a wink and a grin to any other girl. it won't be long, they say, so as he slips into sleep tonight i take an extra deep drink of the smell of his hair and squeeze him close, the kind of close that seems to be as close as possible and yet still seems to be not quite close enough. he wiggles away and burrows down under the covers.

3 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

what a wonderful boy...but you knew that already :)

had a moment like that with my boy last night myself...boys sure can break your heart.

2:30 PM
Blogger Meggan said...

i once heard if you strap encyclopedia's to a child's head, it stops that whole growing up thing...however, i didn't know where to find an encyclopedia, so i used shakespeare's complete works instead.

it didn't work.

8:03 PM
Blogger kristen said...

He is such a charmer, even from 1000 miles away. I will have to keep this picture off my monitor when my girls are in the room! ;o)

9:05 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home